Monday, August 27, 2012

What is in a Name?


Hawley


My birthing date was "scheduled" for February 14th, Valentines Day, 1986. My mother was considered high risk because my brother was born with so many health complications. Because of this, she was scheduled for a C-section. My mom says that on Valentines Day, her scheduled doctor was out of town, so my birth was postponed until February 18th. Up until the 18th, my name was to be "Tawnya", but, when I was born, my mom changed her mind. She decided that I looked like a "Holly", but since I was not born in December, she changed the spelling like "Hawley". To this day, many people ask me if that is really how I spell my name on my birth certificate. I have never met anyone with the same name as me. I like that my name is unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment